Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's a girl..


How do you know if you a really ready for kids? We found out last Friday that Meg and I will be having a little girl come the end of October and I am absolutely thrilled about this.. Or least I think I am... Am I?

I've been trying to wrap my head around raising a little girl...

- Yes yes yes... Shopping for a little girl is so fun! (Said in womanly voice)
However.. That shopping for little cute dresses will also turn into shopping for big expensive prom dresses...

- Little girls can wear hair bows... I'm actually pretty ok with that.. Hair bows are the thing right now, and Meg likes to make them so.. I'd rather them end up on our daughter than have a confused son with a hair bow!

- Everyone will think she is So cute... However, in about 15 years others will start to think that and I will have to build a Rapunzel tower to hide her in, and then I'll end up looking like the bad guy...

- She'll want to wear make up.. No, that was the bad side.. She'll want to wear make up..

- I won't have to worry about her getting hurt playing football... (at least I hope not) But I will have to worry about football players.. And any lawsuits that might arise from them... At least when she begins to date, my gun collection will, I'm sure, see a lot of love.

- I won't step on any Matchbox/Hotwheels cars...But.. I can already envision the mass population of naked, some probably headless Barbies that will infiltrate our house quicker than a squadron of G.I. Joes!

Last but not least..
- I get to raise a little Daddy's girl, which I couldn't be more excited about... But.. One day I will have to walk her down the isle and give her to some other man.

Huh? What!? And I have to pay for it!?!? C'mon...

Yea I think I'm ready.. As long as we go slow..


1 comment:

  1. LOL. In today's society you can raise to find a rich man to pay for the wedding. +D

    ReplyDelete