Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Making Memories on Memorial Day


Well the time has come.. Meg and I have officially been together for over a year now and the time has arrived where we must spend the weekend apart. Wow, I made that sound like we "needed" time apart, but that's not what I meant. This Memorial Day weekend myself and 5 others are traveling to Rainsville, Alabama to meet another group from our church to help out with the clean up from the Tornadoes. While I am extremely excited to be able to have the opportunity to make this trip, it will also be our first weekend apart since we were married in May of last year.

I'm pretty sure this weekend will be worse for Meg than for I. Not that I won't miss my wife, but I will have a very busy weekend, and sometimes that makes things easier. Meg on the other hand I think has to finish the Lord of Rings movies... (not her favorite by any means). But hopefully she'll have a good weekend! Maybe somewhere between Frodo and Sam she can find the time to write a blog post.. Hehe

This weekend is definitely going to be a memorable weekend, which only seems fitting since it is on memorial day weekend. I'm sure there will be many stories when we return home to share with everyone. Remember to keep us in your prayers! Stay up to date with our trip by following my new blog http://faith-in-a-small-town.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment